Friday, June 20, 2008

Spotlight on Allyson

So, a week or so ago, I took the markers from the front room, where the kids were able to access them whenever they wanted, and put them in my room to keep Allyson from getting them...she wants to create fun body art masterpieces, or wall murals. Well, Jessica had borrowed the markers from my room and put them in her room, on the dresser right next to the baby's bed. I swear Allyson turns into Elasti-girl when she's alone in her room. I have no idea how she reaches some of the things on the dresser...we try to put things out of arm's reach but she still gets them. Anyway, two days ago, I heard Ally make some noise like she might be waking up from her nap. Then she got quiet so I thought she was going back to sleep. About 20 minutes later, she was making noises again for me to come get her. I went in and.... Ta DA!

She not only had drawn all over herself, but all over her crib sheet, some of the crib and some of the wall. (I should have taken a picture of that.) Thank goodness most of the markers were washable. We were able to clean off the crib quite easily, the wall almost as easily, but Ally was decorated for a day after that. Even after a bath. Oh, well!




(I tried posting a video of Ally showing some of the many signs that she knows, but the video won't load. I'm sorry....I'm quite annoyed about it. Again, my lack of expertise with the blogging world may be to blame, but it seems like it should be pretty easy...I'm just missing something. Maybe someday I'll figure it out.)

4 comments:

Adkins Family said...

She has the cutest chubby cheeks! It's funny, I just posted about my kids having fun with markers, and now yours is doing it too! I hope it's not contagious!
Mindy

Ericka Johnson said...

I love all the pictures! The one of Ally doing the peace sign is really cute.

Kristi said...

It seems like all kids this age like to draw on everything with markers. Garrett has drawn on several walls in our house. I have learned to throw out all the non-washable markers. :) Those are cute pictures of Ally! She sure is growing up!

Stephanie Shumway said...

dang markers! I love the picture with her doing the peace sign... or the number two- It's too blurry to tell :o) he he