Sunday, January 20, 2008

BRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

We have been pretty fortunate this winter so far, that it hasn't dipped down below mid 30s very often. However, we had a bit of snow earlier this week...then it climbed to mid50s, before dropping like a rock to mid 20s today. BRRRRRRR!!!! I can't take it! This is when I miss the mild Arizona winters the most!

As I look back on the week, I realize we have accomplished hardly anything. We spent the week trying to sell Girl Scout Cookies (pre-orders, anyway), and (Julie) stressing about a paycheck that was due to come about 3 weeks ago but has yet to find it's way to our home, let alone our bank account. The latter has been a source of great anguish for me...not so much for Brian because he doesn't worry about money like I do. He's too busy earning it. I pay the bills. So when one is expecting an extra $1000 to help with things, and it doesn't come when they say it's going to come, it adds a great deal more anxiety to one's life. The last we heard was that it was mailed this past Thursday, so it should have been here no later than Saturday(yesterday). Guess what...no check! Argh! And with the MLK holiday..it will be at least Tuesday...if they mailed it when they said they would. So cross your fingers for us, please!

Anyway, about the Girl Scout Cookies. We are having fun with that. The girls are both in Brownie Girl Scouts this year, I'm one of the leaders. We are taking pre-orders and both girls have their sights set on particular prizes for selling a specific number of boxes of cookies. Courtney wants a prize that requires at least 140 boxes sold (she has 60 so far), and Jessica wants something that requires 120, I believe (she's sold 80+). Jessica has proven to be quite an eager seller. She gets out there. Courtney is not so brave, so I'm not sure she will hit her target. They may have to get the prize the other one wants and then switch. Who knows? We haven't even received the cookies yet or done any "cookie booths", so they will sell many more before the end of February. If anyone would like to help support the girls, we'd be happy to ship some boxes...already doing it for some family members! Who doesn't like Girl Scout Cookies? YUMMY (or ask me about "Cookies from Home" for the troops). (That's my one and only plug)

We had a nice Sunday. Brian was actually able to go to ALL of church with us. We drove together. He wasn't post call, or working, or sleeping, so we enjoyed that. For dinner, we had the missionaries over with the lady that I wrote about in a previous blog. Lisa and her daughter, Samantha, came over with 4 Elders. It turns out that Lisa lives in the boundaries for the Chester branch in our stake. So she is being slowly passed over to the Elders that cover that area. We had the two from our ward and the two from the branch. I don't think we have ever had that many people over for dinner at one time. Our apartment is small and not conducive to big gatherings...and it turns out I didn't even have 10 normal size plates for them to eat on. (Jess used a small plate.) Anyway, it was a nice evening. The elders gave us a lesson on "The Proclamation to the World" about the family. My girls and Samantha get along swimmingly!

I hope my coming week is more eventful so your blog reading is more enjoyable next week!
Love to all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie! I stumbled upon your blog from Nickie's. I hope you don't mind. It sounds like you are doing well and toughing out residency. It truly does END!!! It's great he got a WHOLE Sunday, that's pretty rare in ER. Anyway, feel warm in your balmy 30 degree's while we freeze in our -41.

Nicole C.
web.mac.com/bncrabtree

Monica Hudson said...

Hey hey! So glad you posted your blog on facebook - now i can keep up with ya'll 2 ways! Looking forward to getting those girl scout cookies on Sunday! I've been watching everyone else eat them all week and I've been jealous! I'll have my money ready! See you later!

Jarom R. Matheson said...

Those girl scout cookies sound yummy! I rarely see them... They are rare in Utah...

Kate said...

Julie! {Blog hopping tonight and found you through Nikki's blog} Hazzah for Girl Scout cookies BOOO they only lasted us 3 days!!! Guess we need to buy more :) Anyways, it was fun hanging out with you at Enrichment tonight!